This MIB module defines a set of basic objects for
configuring middleboxes, such as firewalls and network
address translators, in order to enable communication
across these devices.
Managed objects defined in this MIB module are structured
in three kinds of objects:
- transaction objects required according to the MIDCOM
protocol requirements defined in RFC 3304 and according
to the MIDCOM protocol semantics defined in RFC 3989,
- configuration objects that can be used for retrieving or
setting parameters of the implementation of transaction
- optional monitoring objects that provide information
about used resource and statistics
The transaction objects are organized in two subtrees:
- objects modeling MIDCOM policy rules in the
- objects modeling MIDCOM policy rule groups in the
Note that typically, configuration objects are not intended
to be written by MIDCOM clients. In general, write access
to these objects needs to be restricted more strictly than
write access to objects in the transaction subtrees.
Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2008). This version
of this MIB module is part of RFC 5190; see the RFC
itself for full legal notices.